Thursday 9 April 2020

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR (LITERALLY), SHE'S BACK!

i can't even explain how weird it is being on here again. I FEEL NERVOUS!!! it's like going on a date with an old boyfriend. really awks. hi blog how have you been you look nice etc.

by means of explaining my appalling and presumptuous actions: given the current lockdown vibe i kinda wanted to start some sort of personal writing project and then i thought what could i start and after much soul searching the conclusion was, why not restart THIS old boy? lack of imagination, or total genius? you decide. i, for one, am quite enjoying the lo-fi aesthetic.

in my defence, i have had friend(s) enquire after my blog in recent years (you know who you are [punches chest and points]), so i took that to mean that they felt there was a hole in their lives that could only be filled with my wry observations on daily life and witty #chat. so here i am, for the rest of lockdown or until i forget, whichever comes first. i do feel mildly like a 40-year old man named Paul frantically clinging to his youth but it's cool.

i've been reading my old posts too (while listening to my 'teen' playlist for mood music). so weird reading past angsts. i like to think i've changed a bit in the last seven years. well, i definitely have. but certain things still remain. deep.

so let's address the elephant in the room. oh boy, we're in a situation. i don't really know what else to say, except that this too shall pass, which i often think was a gandalf quote but totally wasn't! was it God? Gandalf's is 'YOU SHALL NOT PASS'. powerful man.

top tip: i know everyone's jumped on the bandwagon with turning 'My Sharona' into 'My Corona' but today i discovered that it works equally well with 'Ramona' by Beck. why not give it a go.

btw i can't work out if i've lost the plot or am actually thriving in lockdown. i feel kind of ok and have had so much time to plan and think about how i want my life to go from now. which apparently involves resurrecting a dead Blogger account from 2013. things are on the up for this lady.

so ya i'm back!!! dream come true. in order to build suspense about my upcoming influencer activities, in my next #post i'm going to talk about my friend who, in her attempts to console me about anything that might be troubling me in my life at any given moment, be it Corona terror, failed attempts to purchase a flat – any flat, or a dating disaster, without fail makes me feel 100% worse in just a few well-meant but disastrous words on whatsApp. it's a real skill that i admire and i kinda want her to write an instruction book on it.

until then, ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment