Sunday 12 April 2020

hola el blog. i just wanted to update you on how certain things have changed since 2013. i'll start with addressing those sidebars on the right.

here's my list of things 'i love', circa 2013. in the interest of thoroughness, i shall talk through each in turn and explain where i currently stand on each.

1. Sofia Coppola. present self and 2013 self are still in alignment here, because the woman's a genius. i think the first film i saw of hers was 'Somewhere', and frankly i've never looked back (that film is also responsible for starting my Elle Fanning obsession). I'm ashamed to say that i only watched Marie Antoinette about two years ago, though. apparently loads of historians were raging about how historically inaccurate it was but THE VISUALS! THE FASHION! THE CAKES! THE VISUALS! in the words of Kanye, i don't care what any y'all say, i still love her.

2. Broccoli tempura. I'm sorry to say this is no longer on the list of favs. I'm not a fan of tempura or deep fried stuff any more in general. If i'm honest with myself, did I ever really like tempura? Or was i saying it for the street cred and favs? some soul searching is on the cards.

3. Peonies. Flower of the gods. a big yes. yuge.

4. Jeff Bridges. How could I not still love this guy? (incidentally, he used to be really hot – CF: The Last Picture Show). also, i just relate on a deep level with the big lebowski. I feel like this image will always encapsulate what i wish i was (it was my FB profile pic at one point). could anyone be cooler? shades, dressing gown and devil may care attitude in the Asda dairy aisle? i literally wish.


5. Cats + Balloons. i still love cats but since i lost my beloved Scampi (always in my heart) some years ago it's just never been the same. Scampi was a cat, a scarf, and my furry soulmate in one, and nothing can replace that. i feel like my future is dogs - that's been the plan for a while, but first i need to get a flat, sort the majority of my life out, etc etc. but it will happen, and i've even chosen a name! watch this space. as for the balloons, this makes me wonder whether i should in fact be addressing both parts of this heading at once. it could be that i didn't simply mean 'i like cats' and 'i like balloons' but i like 'cats and balloons' in combination. because in isolation, i don't recall ever being a big balloon fan. 

sooo i just took a short break to google it and there are some videos of cats interacting with balloons but they're traumatic at best. what was i thinking? big no.

6. Tina Fey. another on my idols list, but i haven't engaged much with her work recently. i'm assuming it's one of those things that you binge on and then need to lay off for a while, like houmous.


i'll address that 'currently reading' list in my next post. spoiler alert: one of those books never got finished.

oh, and i just remembered i promised to tell you about that friend of mine. my bad. i'll do it another time because i CAN'T BE BOTHERED

ciao ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment